Crafts for a Cause


About the Fundraiser

We of the Speech and Hearing Club fundraised for the Aphasia Division of the Stroke Recovery Association of BC (SRABC)! The SRABC is an organization dedicated to helping victims of stroke by providing programs and supports to increase quality of life post-stroke. Their vision is to see that “every stroke survivor moves through recovery with hope and support to lead a full and rewarding life” and their mission is to provide “services, education and advocacy to those affected by stroke throughout every stage of recovery.” In particular, the SHLUB lent some financial aid to the Aphasia division of the SRABC. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the SRABC delivered aphasia programming virtually via their Aphasia Peer Connect program. Any British Columbian anywhere in the province was permitted to join in on their activities. It also welcomed volunteers, who were key to facilitate the virtual groups. Pre-COVID, volunteers would help facilitate various groups to help individuals with aphasia, such as through supportive conversation, language activities, and more. It is the hope that the SRABC will be able to open up their in-person groups soon.

The SHLUB sold various homemade items with the goal to raise about $500.00, 80% of which would go to the SRABC, and the remaining 20% would go to funding club business. Additionally, we opened our shop on Redbubble, which includes many of the designs we created for our homemade products, but will be manufactured elsewhere. All funds raised here were added to the total pool.

We raised $421.54 from our fundraiser as of August 2021. We will continue to keep our Redbubble open for purchases.

Our Products

The Redbubble shop and catalogue below listed all the items we had available.

All homemade items were shipped separately to the buyer with an added cost. Or the items were picked up at Simon Fraser University on selected days, unless an outside delivery arrangement was made.

How to Order

Orders for homemade items are CLOSED as of August 16th, 2021.

Individuals filled out a form if they wanted to support the SRABC, individuals with aphasia, and the valuable documentation we provide. Items sold fast, and we had limited quantities of everything. Deadline for orders was August 16th.

  1. Select the product(s) you would like to purchase
  2. Indicate whether you would like to pickup the items or have them shipped
  3. We are available for pickup on July 30th, or August 27th at Simon Fraser University
    1. Message us at if you would like to arrange another time
    2. More times may be available in Fall semester
  4. Shipping will occur within 3-4 business days
  5. Apply a coupon code, if applicable
  6. Input your name and email
  7. If you are shipping, input your address details
  8. Let us know if you have any special instructions or comments
  9. Apply the Captcha and pay with PayPal. All done!

Follow Us

Social Media


8888 University Dr, Burnaby,
BC V5A 1S6

We would like to acknowledge the Coast Salish Nations of Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh, and Squamish, on whose traditional and unceded territory we conduct our work.